Help me plan my Dive-Around-Asia trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raskous

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hey all
I'm thinking of taking one or two months and just travel around south east asia and dive as much of the best dive sites as i can.

I've been to the Phillipines twice already (coron + Anilao) and going back next week (Sogod and Moalboal)

What i'd like to do is find some kind of itinerary that would make me go from Shanghai (where i am now) to Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia and maybe Philippines (Tubbataha reef maybe?)

SoI need help to basically make a list of the MUST DIVE sites in those places, i know it's difficult and it's always subjective, but let's think of it as if it was a bucket list of everyone here :D

What sites would you guys choose if you were doing this?
How long would you stay in each sites? each country?

A few places i really want to dive already:
  • Sipadan
  • Similian
  • Raja Ampat
  • Komodo
  • Tubbataha

Anything major i'm missing ?

Thanks for your advice

One place I'd add would be Lembeh if you liked Anilao, Lembeh is better.

I second Lembeh for its uniqueness.
Ambon in Indonesia.
Malapascua in The Philippines - again for uniqueness - only place to see Thresher Sharks.
I would not be that crazy about Similan anymore.
Palau should be high on your list and even Truk Lagoon (Coron times 1,000,000).
If you're going to Sipadan then check out what's happening in Layang Layang - you might catch schooling Hammerheads there.

There isn't enough time in the world for some of these places. A week in Komodo at least. 2 weeks in Raja Ampat if you can. 2 weeks in Sidadan if you can but don't forget all the macro on mabul. 1 week on The Odyssey for Truk Lagoon

Depending o when you take the trip but Bali for Mola Mola with a few dives on Nusa Penida as well as you head to or from Komodo and Ambon.

Sounds like you will have fun.

Not sure when you are doing this but the window for diving Tubbataha is short, like end of March to late May/early June. I'd add Bunakan Island to the list as its near Lembeh (I think).

Back
Top Bottom