HELP ME... NEED FIBRE OPTIC CABLE(S) IN COZUMEL OR PLAYA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deaf diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Im in Playa Ave going to Cozumel. I just realized when I switched my gear to a new bag I forgot my fiber optic cables? Does anyone know of anywhere in Playa or Cozumel that I can get them?

When you get to Cozumel you may find a solution at Chedraui. TOSLINK cables are commonly used in audio applications and are simple fibre optic cables. If you go to the area of Chedraui where they sell audio accessories you may get lucky. Sometimes these cables are bare and sometimes they have fittings. Depending on your rig, you may need to use fingernail clippers to clip off the fittings leaving you with just the fibre optic cable.

They are cheap, usually less than $10. They won't fire every strobe. But they will work in some situations. If you get REALLY desperate they may work for you.

I am sorry the photography part of your trip may be scotched. Been there done that ... :-(. I bought a Olympus TG-5 and stuck it in my dive kit the last time it happened to me.

Best of luck.

yes look for Toslink cables - with a box cutter knife you can trim/shave the edges of the plastic plugs they come with and they will fit snugly in S&S ports - otherwise you need to find a way to hold them on your strobe and housing.

Scubaprice sells Sealife Cameras and most likely has some cables as well
Bill

Back
Top Bottom