Help me identify this valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UnderwaterOrkinMan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I need help figuring out what valve this is. I have exhausted local dive shop knowledge. I need a burst disc for it. The popped plug is the one that came out of the valve the other is one I have tried to replace it with. Any ideas
1CCCFBED-23E0-4FF7-8692-3C05362AF7FD.jpeg
DB3EF406-8B49-4A06-8887-BE743A286E23.jpeg
DB3EF406-8B49-4A06-8887-BE743A286E23.jpeg

We need pictures of the top of the blown burst disk and any markings on the front of the valve to attempt to identify which burst disk. Also what is the tank rated to? The burst disk on the right looks like it is for a Sherwood Genesis valve not the valve that you have.

Is that a manifold, or a J valve?

The handwheel looks OMS, the manifold kind of does as well, it's been a while since I've seen one in person though.

Is it an aluminum tank or steel?

If it's a non manifolded aluminum tank, and considering if the burst disk blew then you probably are about due for a full rebuild including seat...might take a look at the Thermo take offs from Dive Gear Express for $25...

I need help figuring out what valve this is. I have exhausted local dive shop knowledge. I need a burst disc for it. The popped plug is the one that came out of the valve the other is one I have tried to replace it with. Any ideasView attachment 586908 View attachment 586909 View attachment 586909

Sorry...

But why would you bother...by the time you buy a service kit/burst disc/O2 clean/reassemble...you've consumed far more time/effort/money than the valve is worth...

DGX...NITROX ready...DIN/yoke...$39.00...for that price...buy two...

Check the thread size first...the steel cylinder may have the old proprietary Sherwood thread...

With very few exceptions...modern valve threads for use in North America are 0.750-14 NPSM/3/4 NPS...

W...

DGX Pro valve.jpg

DIN plug.jpg

I think I mentioned that...what size is ''skinny''...

it's not a proprietary sherwood valve size though, but it is 7/8-14 UNF. In the first picture you can see the start of TP-3500 and also the relative size of the threads in the valve. That valve to replace is $75 if you can get them, rarely in stock

it's not a proprietary sherwood valve size though, but it is 7/8-14 UNF. In the first picture you can see the start of TP-3500 and also the relative size of the threads in the valve. That valve to replace is $75 if you can get them, rarely in stock

That's a better response than ''skinny''

For the OP...long past time for a new valve/cylinder...

Back
Top Bottom