Help me ID this reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lord1234

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
BYzPrVH.jpg

tMOPtwt.png

I received this reg in a package deal, but neither the seller nor myself have any idea what it is...

Someone suggested it was an Apeks knock off, and upon taking it apart many parts look similar, but it definitely doesn't match up with any Apeks or Hog parts kit I have laying around...any suggestions/thoughts? I was interested especially by the diaphgram which showed rounding, almost like a donut?
utOoSje.jpg

After searching my files have arrived at three lookalikes ie, Diverite, Genesis, and Hydro Optric have att pix of the two former but waiting on a pix from a dive buddy of the latter the jury is still out will post any further development's Also added the "Button" spg which may be the one fitted to your unit

johnDIVERITE.GIFGENESIS.GIFSPG.GIF

After some file searching have arrived at three lookalikes ie, "Divrite", "Genesis",and "Hydro Optric" att pix of two, waiting on the third via a dive buddy also Button SPG DIVERITE.GIFGENESIS.GIFSPG.GIF fitted to your unit

john

Got a speedy reply from my buddy with att pix of "Hydro Optric" 1st. Stage turns out not ID. The Mystery deepens.+HYDRO OPTRIC.GIF

john

Well at last have trace a match fingers crossed "Edge" sorry it has taken so long with a solution Have taken the liberty of finding your nearest LDS agent is "Booth Divers"

john EDGE 1ST.jpgEDGE 1ST.jpg

Edge - doubtful, but likely the same manufacturer that is contracted for the Edge brand....

Definitely not an Edge/Hog reg. The Inlet filter is about an inch long, whereas the hog inlet filter is ~.5" long. Note the black cap on the top as well...

It's either a first gen epic or an older Zeagle DS-V Or some other clone of it. Either way following a Zeagle manual will get the job done. Also I don't see the HP seat in the pic. It should be opposite conventional seats and orifice. So use a 5/32nd allen wrench to remove that center piece from the body to reveal the HP seat.

Good luck on the ID. The colors on the plastic aren't right for edge and the cap is wrong for Zeagle, but everything else is the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom