Help me ID this Mares regulator please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy43068

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
With the collective knowledge around here I'm hoping one (or more) of you can help me ID this regulator. I got it at a garage sale and I need to rebuild it. So, before I can get a kit I need to know the model. I don't want to have to piece the rebuild together from in stock O'rings if I can avoid it.

Thank you!!

Randy

Attachments

• IMG_0323.jpg
    IMG_0323.jpg
    409.2 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0326.jpg
    IMG_0326.jpg
    415.2 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0328.jpg
    IMG_0328.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 127
Hi Randy,

That Mares MR-12 appears to be the same "vintage" as my oldest MR-12. It is a great 1st stage.

It takes the same rebuild kit as the current MR-12's. It will use the new Tri-Material HP poppet just fine. But if it is the same as mine, the "volcano" orifice is a machined part of the first stage.... the newer MR-12's have a removable (thus replaceable if needed) orifice.

It has slightly different hose routing options (1 less LP port than current MR-12's I think?), but is a great reg. Easy to service, lasts forever, performs well.

Best wishes.

With the collective knowledge around here I'm hoping one (or more) of you can help me ID this regulator. I got it at a garage sale and I need to rebuild it. So, before I can get a kit I need to know the model. I don't want to have to piece the rebuild together from in stock O'rings if I can avoid it.

Thank you!!

Randy

It is indeed a Mares MR12 first stage and an XL second stage. Rebuild kits are available for the entire reg. The second stage uses the kit for the Akros/XL/Epos models.

Greg

Thank you everyone! I really appreciate help in identifying the regulators.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom