Help Me Find The Scam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mcohen1021

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
This patio firepit set popped up in my instagram feed, but this is just too good to be true for $89.

I just cant figure out how/why? Can anyone else see it?

ALL IG adds are frauds...

ALL IG adds are frauds...

Ive never boought anything from one, thats why I asked. But I figured that price was way too good to be true

If it seems way too good to be true, it probably is. From what I have read, they take your order and your money. They then, eventually, ship you something so they can show a shipment and delivery. It is nothing that you ordered and a low value item. By the time you dispute the charges, they have closed accounts and open under another identity. You might get your money back from the CC company, but the CC company will never recover it.

This patio firepit set popped up in my instagram feed, but this is just too good to be true for $89.

If it seems way too good to be true, it probably is. From what I have read, they take your order and your money. They then, eventually, ship you something so they can show a shipment and delivery. It is nothing that you ordered and a low value item. By the time you dispute the charges, they have closed accounts and open under another identity. You might get your money back from the CC company, but the CC company will never recover it.

Ok, so sometimes I'm an idiot. I ordered a shed from some add at some point and it was exactly as @parzdiver said. They send me "something"... hell I think it was a Chinese bookmark in an envelope, God's honest truth. I had to write PayPal and get my money back and it was not an instant process. I'm sure the scam worked exactly as you said.

I'm not even sure why I bought it, but as soon as I hit "buy" I knew it was BS, lol. The add for the shed looked exactly like the one linked from OP. I should have known better.

Edit: I also remember it took like 3 months to get to me, in that timeframe I would bet some people forget all about it, and it not being a ton of money, some might actually just shrug and move on.... idk.

Flysale.shop is not authorized to sell this Hanover Orleans 55-piece fire pit chat set. Grey market will run into warranty issues, though I would not worry about that as it's only made of the finest quality military-spec aircraft grade Chinesium. I will sell you an authentic one for $85 with free 2-day Prime shipping.

Thanks guys, I figured it was a scam. one page said home depot, then the ad said wayfair. LOL

I just wanted a few other opinions just in case. :D

Folks... Share this with your elderly parents and friends. They will probably be entertained, and definitely informed.

Most FB ads are also scams. It's a breeding ground because there is no oversight on the part of FB, IG, etc or recourse on the seller. Sucks for the very few sellers that are legit.

Back
Top Bottom