Help me decide? MK19 vs. XTX200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alexx84

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hy guys, I`m in dilemma which regulator to buy. Both of them I can get for same price. So which one you would choose and why Scuba-pro MK19/G250V or Apeks XTX 200?

Thank you

MK19 /G250V. I have 2 MK19 and 6 G250V's. I had a bunch of Apeks's and did not care for the lack of precision in the second stage. They are still a good reg, just bothered me about the second stages.
Both have the free parts warranty. Only a ANSTI breathing machine could tell the difference between them. You won't.

MK19 /G250V. I have 2 MK19 and 6 G250V's. I had a bunch of Apeks's and did not care for the lack of precision in the second stage. They are still a good reg, just bothered me about the second stages.
Both have the free parts warranty. Only a ANSTI breathing machine could tell the difference between them. You won't.

How did you get Mk19's in Ohio!?

Well, I guess you could just import them, but servicing those must be a bitch......

I have several Apeks regs including the Apeks XTX 200 and the Apeks XTX 50 that have done an excellent job for me at various depths and various temperatures. I have had not had a single problem with any of them and would highly recommend them to anyone. They tune well, breathe well, and provide all the gas you could want no matter where you are in the water. If you choose to purchase this regulator you will not be disappointed.

For me XTX 200 much more expencive than XTX50 and functionaly they are approximately the same.
I use Apeks DS4 first stage with ATX40 second stage in all my dives including in ice diving - it's perfect! (I'd put pressure in first stage at 8BAR or 116PSI)
Also it's very simple to service it by your own, it isn't anything difficult to do it. Spare parts you can find everywere.

In future if you will decide to put them on twins bottles - no problem at all with horse trace according to DIR philosophy
(But as far as i know technical divers prefer put XTX100 or 200 as primary and XTX40 or 50 on stage )

Of course if you have enough money - XTX 200 is your choice! :cool2:
In Russia Apeks is considered the best regulator. But i don't know why.. :D

Would you please give details on the "lack of precision in the second stage" you found in Apeks regs?

Back
Top Bottom