Help: INON Z-240 Type 3 Instructions/warnings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peterjmaerz

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Folks,

I bought this strobe to replace my Type 2. I know I've seen instructions in English warning about repeated/continuous flash limitations on the Type 3 (I already know about the eneloop battery requirements). I can't locate them now anywhere on line. I have two Japanese instruction manuals that do me no good.

Any tips, or specifics on the flash issues on the Type 3?

Thanks!

Hi Folks,

I bought this strobe to replace my Type 2. I know I've seen instructions in English warning about repeated/continuous flash limitations on the Type 3 (I already know about the eneloop battery requirements). I can't locate them now anywhere on line. I have two Japanese instruction manuals that do me no good.

Any tips, or specifics on the flash issues on the Type 3?

Thanks!

The Eneloop battery are essentially the same battery as the Duracell Pre-Charged. In fact, any of the "pre-charged" type technology batteries will be just fine in your Inon strobe. As to the warnings about too many flashes etc. in a given time, I have fired my D2000 repeatedly for long periods as fast as I could push the shutter button. Reasonable care to allow any strobe to cool down after heavy use is a good operating practice. I don't think you really need to worry in normal usage.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT BATTERY NOTE:
Type 3 strobes from Inon should only be powered with Sanyo Eneloop rechargeable batteries. Other rechargeable battery types will create excessive heat and may damage the strobe.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N

Last edited:
The type 3 also has a warning about continuous use of the modeling light. They suggest no more than 10 or 15 minutes continuous use.
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom