Help in finding out the size of my Ranger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ory69

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have what I think is a size XL Ranger that I might be trading for a smaller size and wanted to find out what size it is before I make any commitments to the other party. It has several small tags (1/4"X1/4" or so) on it, but they are faded out and can't read anything on them. It already has a lumbar pad on it but is still too big. I dive ok in it, but moves around more than I would like to.

Any other places on the BC to look for sizes? Are all the bladders for different sizes the same. I can read that and it 44lbs of total buoyancy.

Thanks for your help.

Zeagle BCs are modular. There are two sized pieces to each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Measure the length across the cumberbun from end to end and I will tell you what size vest you have.
Make sure the halves are still in the inside most adjustments.

When you say the halves are the inside most adjustments, I am assuming you mean the narrowest/skinniest setting for the cumberbun. In this position, the length is approximately 48". Thanks again.

Greg

The bladder on all sizes of the Ranger is 44lbs.
Only in the standard purchased configuration. Mine is 66lbs. - for doubles. Side by side with my buddy's 44lb wing it's hard to tell.

When you say the halves are the inside most adjustments, I am assuming you mean the narrowest/skinniest setting for the cumberbun. In this position, the length is approximately 48". Thanks again.

Greg

An Extra Large vest section will adjust from about 42" to 50", so yours falls within those measurements.

The majority of Ranger BCs are sold with 44lb bladders, but due to the fact that you can put anything from a 24lb bladder to an 85lb bladder on there, you can't really go by the bladder size...

Thanks,

Scott

Greg

The size X large Ranger measures 48" from tip of cumberbun to tip of cumberbun, or 20" center to center of the inside most plastic sex bolts that hold the cumberbun.

An Extra Large vest section will adjust from about 42" to 50", so yours falls within those measurements.

The majority of Ranger BCs are sold with 44lb bladders, but due to the fact that you can put anything from a 24lb bladder to an 85lb bladder on there, you can't really go by the bladder size...

Thanks,

Scott

Great, thanks.

Follow up question. Would a size Medium bladder swap over to an XL vest and vice versa?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom