Help ID'ing Scubapro First Stage Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hethen57

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can you folks help me out with what I have here? Also, any other insight you may have. I purchased it cheap for the 109 reg that was attached to it, but it is nicer than my Vintage Mk2 with additional ports and I would like to service it and possibly put a 3k yoke on it. I believe it is a Mark V from the 70's? It has 4 LP ports on the swivel and 1 HP port. No markings or serial numbers other than “ScubaPro” on the 2400 psi thumb screw and “HP” near the port. Thanks.
28DD6B01-9F1A-4EF2-A30D-C020E8DFB905.jpeg 1B54FE0E-B00C-4738-9DF8-CACE5FE5CFBB.jpeg 42835C43-7D9D-41FA-8A73-CBC24F48E691.jpeg

Thanks runsongas... it looks like there are a ton of threads on the Mk5, so I will have to do some studying.

www.vintagedoublehose.com has the kits to rebuild it. Here is a video Bryan made to talk you through the service procedure. You can also download the parts diagram and manual from VDH

Yes, I have purchased parts from Brian at Vintage Double Hose for some of my other vintage Conshelfs and my Mk2. This Mk5 seems to be a combination of those 3 in the photo/video link, it has the lighter yoke of the one on the left, the piston/balance chamber of the middle one, and the LP swivel turret of the one on the right with 4 LP ports. They probably went through a number of different iterations over the years.

terminology: ambient chamber

my guess is it originally was most similar to the middle iteration with a light yoke and came with 2LP originally. but had the 4LP upgrade when the PO decided to add an octo instead of resorting to buddy breathing later on.

That sounds like what probably happened (hopefully they upgraded to the stainless turret nut when they did that...it is nice and snug and rotates smoothly).. and thanks for the terminology assistance rhwestfall.

Any suggestions for what I should use as a pre-soak before pulling the yoke nut... the nut on my MK2 was really stuck good and the soft chromed brass nut points gave way and got kind of boogered before it finally came off. I don't want to do that again. Once I get that yoke nut off, I am in business and I'll take any further questions over to DIY.

Any suggestions for what I should use as a pre-soak before pulling the yoke nut..
Hot soapy water for 24 hours-then try. If it's still difficult put it in the freezer until cold soaked, then into boiling water and try again. Continue until one of you gives up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom