Help Identifying Some New Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So I found a fairly new(2015) drysuit on ebay that came with a bunch of other stuff and I need some help identifying it. There is a yellow large diameter disconnect hose that I'm not sure what it's suppose to go to. I tried googling it and couldn't find anything. It came with this aqua lung core supreme first stage but there is a part missing that I believe is the external diaphragm and the diaphragm retainer. Is this something an aqua lung shop would have and be able to put on normally? I need to get it serviced since I don't know when the last time it was serviced anyway. You can see in the pictures that there is a screw on part missing compared to the image of a new one. Also there is something screwed into one of the ports that I'm not sure what it is. I don't think its any sort of port plug but I could be wrong and thought I'd ask.

Attachments

• IMG_9800.JPG
    IMG_9800.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_9798.JPG
    IMG_9798.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_9799.JPG
    IMG_9799.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_9796.JPG
    IMG_9796.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_9797.JPG
    IMG_9797.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_9803.JPG
    IMG_9803.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_9804.jpg
    IMG_9804.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 89
It's possible the large diameter hose is for the drysuit inflation valve if it has a nonstandard quick disconnect nipple. Some in Europe come with those.
it's the environmental cap and diaphragm, no need to put it on there if you don't want to, but yes any local shop can get it for you.
That is an OPV on the first stage. Necessary if you don't have any downstream second stages on it so it doesn't blow up a hose if you have IP creep which leads me to believe it's set up as a suit inflation bottle.

It's possible the large diameter hose is for the drysuit inflation valve if it has a nonstandard quick disconnect nipple. Some in Europe come with those.
it's the environmental cap and diaphragm, no need to put it on there if you don't want to, but yes any local shop can get it for you.
That is an OPV on the first stage. Necessary if you don't have any downstream second stages on it so it doesn't blow up a hose if you have IP creep which leads me to believe it's set up as a suit inflation bottle.
Thanks! Its a northern diver suit which is from Europe so that makes sense and it didn't come with a second stage either so the OPV makes sense as well! I appreciate it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom