Help identifying Mares regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shruber

Registered
Reaction score
Could someone help me identify this Mares regulator? Apart from the serial number (500411 on both stages), there are no other markings. I figure it's some version of MR12, but I'd like to be sure so I could try to source parts for a rebuild.

Also, does anyone know if a DIN conversion kit could still be ordered (through a dealer) from Mares? It seems that it used to be sold online, but all the sites that did so seem to be out of stock.

r000.jpg

r002.jpg

r001.jpg

It's an early MR12, the second stage looks like the Beta

Sorry, it´s not the Beta, it´s the venturi

It's an MR12 IV.
Indeed! Às i said the beta don't have the venturi tube, and the III has a metal body

Thank you both. Do you know what (if anything) makes this 2nd stage different from the Navy second stage? I haven't taken it apart except for the diaphragm cover, but from the explosion diagram they appear very much alike

AFAIK they are quite similar

Thank you both. Do you know what (if anything) makes this 2nd stage different from the Navy second stage? I haven't taken it apart except for the diaphragm cover, but from the explosion diagram they appear very much alike
I'm pretty sure the IV second stage and the Navy are two names for the same thing.

I'll attach the applicable service manual. As you can see there's no entry for the "IV", it goes from "III" (which has a metal body) to the Navy.

Attachments

• mares_1999_manual.pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 6,823
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom