Help Identifying Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric972

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello

I bought years ago some regs on ebay, and I must admit I barely remember what model they are. The sherwood I believe is easily identifiable, but I am quite curious about the other - the oceanic, and the 2nd stages !

Many thanks for your help,

Eric

IMG_20160920_110849.jpg
IMG_20160920_110810.jpg
IMG_20160920_110806.jpg
IMG_20160920_110737.jpg
IMG_20160920_110725.jpg

The U.S. Divers second stage is the common one they started selling with most of their reg sets around the late 80s or so. Parts interchange with the metal ones used before then back to about 1970, and are readily available. There was a recall on the housings due to a problem with cracks but I don't know the details. Otherwise, they're good regs.

Thanks. Any chance you know the model names ? I am trying to get parts to service them, and I'd like to get the right ones !

On the first pic you have a Sherwood Minimus Octo (flat one), on the 2nd and 3rd an Oceanic 1995 Balanced Piston First Stage, on the 4th two Sherwood Brut 2nds, on the 5th a Sherwood SRB5100 1st stage.
No idea about the Sterling Scuba 2nd.............

Many thanks, that is exactly the answer I was looking for !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom