Help identifying dry glove system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kid_Swell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi Divers!
One year reading/admiring, and now my first post (hope I'm doing this right).

I got incredibly lucky and bagged a bargain on an older drysuit with 5 dives on it.
It is a gen one Fourth Element Argonaut Kevlar breathable dry suit.

Could you help me identify the dry glove system installed?
From previous posts on this forum I have found 9 different variants! :O

Excited for my drysuit primer this weekend :)

Happy friday! :D

Your picture shows the Si-Tech QCS Oval wrist cuff system. In itself it is not a dryglove system, it is system designed for user replaceable wrist seals and also as a foundation/attachment point for dryglove systems. The following dryglove systems are designed to work with the QCS oval wrist cuff system as a direct fit:

Si-Tech Antares - this system retains the cuffs' oval shape but is not recommended because it has a tendency to leak and is fragile.

Si-Tech Virgo - a good system based on Si-Tech's Glove Lock dryglove system but is a bit bulky. Once installed it renders the cuff round instead of oval.

Waterproof Ultima DGS - this is a popular dryglove system for the wrist cuff system you have. It works well. It too renders the cuff round once installed.

4th Element Ellipse - this is a new product that just hit the market. Not much info out there about it or independent reviews. It works similar to the Waterproof Ultima DGS but it keeps the cuff system oval. It also looks to have a lower/less bulky profile compared to all the other systems mentioned.

There are other dryglove systems on the market but none are a direct fit like the ones above.

-Z

Your picture shows the Si-Tech QCS Oval wrist cuff system. In itself it is not a dryglove system, it is system designed for user replaceable wrist seals and also as a foundation/attachment point for dryglove systems. The following dryglove systems are designed to work with the QCS oval wrist cuff system as a direct fit:

Si-Tech Antares - this system retains the cuffs' oval shape but is not recommended because it has a tendency to leak and is fragile.

Si-Tech Virgo - a good system based on Si-Tech's Glove Lock dryglove system but is a bit bulky. Once installed it renders the cuff round instead of oval.

Waterproof Ultima DGS - this is a popular dryglove system for the wrist cuff system you have. It works well. It too renders the cuff round once installed.

4th Element Ellipse - this is a new product that just hit the market. Not much info out there about it or independent reviews. It works similar to the Waterproof Ultima DGS but it keeps the cuff system oval. It also looks to have a lower/less bulky profile compared to all the other systems mentioned.

There are other dryglove systems on the market but none are a direct fit like the ones above.

-Z
Thanks a lot for the detailed response Zef!

Deff worked out that it’s part, and not a complete system.
Saw a video of the Ellipse system, however, I thought it replaced this oval system I have?

Thanks again!

Thanks a lot for the detailed response Zef!

Deff worked out that it’s part, and not a complete system.
Saw a video of the Ellipse system, however, I thought it replaced this oval system I have?

Thanks again!

The hard oval inner ring of the system you have is used to retain the silicone wrist seal, it is removed and replaced by a hard oval inner ring that comes with the Ellipse dryglove system....this oval ring is designed to be used to retain the wrist seal as well as serve as a docking platform for the ring the dryglove is mounted on. This is the same way the Waterproof Ultima DGS works except the Ultima is round and the Eliipse is oval.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom