Help identifying an “old” regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gfyrasng

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I’ve had this old first stage hanging around for a while with absolutely no knowledge on it (I don’t even remember how I came to own it). I’ve been trying to find some information on it recently but am coming up empty. I’m guessing it’s from around the 80s as it’s quite heavy with a large bulky plastic knob. The only information stamped on it is “made in France” on the yoke. The handle looks just like that from older Aqualung first stages but I can’t find anything similar to this model that they would have made. It’s got 2 HP ports, and 4LP ports, with one of those having a raised shoulder.

Attachments

• 21587720-302C-4328-90B1-EB2DF5115C4B.jpeg
    21587720-302C-4328-90B1-EB2DF5115C4B.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 163
I would guess that it could be a Spirotechnique (with that yoke screw and made in France). They were the parent company of Aqua Lung, but they are now one under the Aqua Lung name.

In the 80's they had their own line of regulators.

You can do a search for Spirotechnique and there are a couple of websites showing their regulators. Again, I am only guessing that it could be a Spiro...

Looking at the post below, it was not a bad guess. :cool:

Aqualung Spiro.

Mine is from 1992or3, still use it. Adapters are available for that LP port.

Attachments

• 20200721_064730.jpg
    20200721_064730.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 139
Awesome! Thanks guys. I may keep this as a backup reg set.

Edit - are parts kits still available for these?

Awesome! Thanks guys. I may keep this as a backup reg set.

Edit - are parts kits still available for these?

Not sure about complete kits, but i know there's one first stage part unique to that model that has become hard to find. Don't remember what it is....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom