Help identifying 1st stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not really a regulator geek but the rubber cap and general build of this regulator makes me think it's an IST.

If this is the regulator I think it is, it's a Chinese thing that was being sold in Europe +/- 10 years ago for a short time despite having failed simulator tests. They disappeared from the market but may have come back with improved versions later on. I've seen some recent reviews of their new offerings that were quite complimentary.

Take this with a grain of salt though. There are a lot of regulators on the market and I am far from being a walking regulator encyclopedia.

R..

almost looked like a Genesis DAD but they don't have turrets.

Best I can tell is the following

EZ Dive reg1-f1Y or f1D

Cheap, made in China likely, and appears to be a copy of the Atomic first stage design, so balanced piston.

What he said ^ - EZ Falcon.

http://www.gearbest.com/swimming/pp_134417.html

1419381408994-P-2310393.jpg

I didn't know that Shenzen was in Italy though..lol

201408261408171119.jpg

Thanks for your help! Been trying to find out what it is for ages! :)

One thing never ceases to amaze me. No matter how obscure the question, someone on SB knows something about it.

As an aside, the IST regulator (see below) looks visually identical (imagine it with a DIN fitting). My bet is that they are both from the same OEM. If this is the case then it would be the Chinese reg I mentioned above that failed European testing in ... I want to say 2005 or so. My bet is that the Italian company was importing them and re-stamping them.

product_thumb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom