Help identify this first stage please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dsenloe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Could someone help me with this first stage? I have a feeling that it might be made up of parts from two different brands. The yoke has a scuba-pro emblem, there are two 7/16 HP ports, one 3/8 LP port and one 1/2 LP port marked DFC ?? Serial number starts with a stylized "CE" 0426. Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• DSC01121.jpg
    DSC01121.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 145
It would be helpful to have a couple more images but, going off of what I see it looks like it is a MK16. Then again I think you may be right about the Frankenstein regulator. I would know in a minute if it were taken apart. I believe the DFC stands for Dynamic Flow Control. The CE 0426 refers to a Euro standard for scuba equipment, although I do not know what it is offhand.

My guess is that it's an older Mares MR12 reg with a ScubaPro yoke on it. I don't think it's a "bastard" regulator because one manufacturer's parts won't usually fit another's reg. That's how they are able to keep you coming back to them for service kits, etc.

Any exception would likely be the yoke, the size of which is pretty much standardized so the reg will fit all yoke tank valves. Another exception might be the DIN wheel that screws into the DIN tank valve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom