Help Identify the Culprit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thalassamania

Diving Polymath
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
On a large pile of smokin' A'a, the most isolated
# of dives
5000 - ∞
He's got a camo spearfishing suit and wears a pair of blue/black duck feet. Can't be many pairs of those fins on the Big Island.

local02.jpg

well if he is fish collecting he aint got no hand nets or buckets so im geussing he trying to get the net out of there but not being very careful but thats just my observation. i could be wrong.

Are lay nets/ gill nets illegal where this is taking place? They are in Maui but I don't know about the other Hawaiian Islands.

Thal,

Are you sure he's the one responsible for that giant net right there? Or is there some other laws he has broken, this is simply the only picture we have?

He could very well be trying to disentangle the net or cut it or something, and just being very shoddy with his fin placement.

Either way, if he is responsible for some wrongdoing I hope you catch the guy. On the other hand, if he's trying to do something good then buy him a beer for me.

Peace,
Greg

I'm with you. My understanding (subject to change, this being Hawaii and Talk Story being cheap) is that it is a photo of a guy setting a net that ripped up a bunch of coral and wound up, with the coral in the dumpster at the marina.

Dude, that blows. The more stuff I read about folks doing the wrong thing, the more I want to get into a rebreather and start going Splinter Cell on these clowns.

Peace,
Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom