Help ID fish At Three Tree WA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iwantkandee

Registered
Reaction score
I saw a lot of these fish this week end and I'm trying to ID them. Some other divers said they saw a lot of perch there. I can't find a picture of any type of perch that looked like what I saw. They were thin like a tang and similar in shape. The mouth was small and they had yellow tails. The perch picture I have seen from this area are either a lot longer than tall and fat around or the wrong coloring. They were everywhere so I can't figure out why I'm having a difficult time identifying them. Can anyone please help? The dive sight was Three Tree in Washington, south of Seattle, Puget sound. Thank you.

They were probably Striped Seaperch. The other options around here would be Pile, Kelp, or Shiner Perch.

I've attached a picture of a Striped Seaperch.

Attachments

• perch4.jpg
    perch4.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 42
I was with an instructor on Friday and he said they were Pile Perch. Thank you for the reply.

Back
Top Bottom