HELP!!!! Hera v. Luna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am in the process of purchasing a new BCD and cannot decide between the Oceanic Hera or Sherwood Luna. Does anyone have any guidance or advice as to which one I should buy?

My daughter has the Hera and loves it. It was one of the few BC's that came in XS,although it has plenty of adjustments to allow her to grow into it per say. Even though it is a jacket style it doesnt constrict around the front end like most jackets do. Can't help ya with the Luna,sorry

I am a former Hera owner, and the only reason that I am no longer a Hera user is that I had to switch BCD's for something more suited to science and tech diving. Both my sister and my mother both own Hera's. All three of us love the Hera! I've tried the sherwood on before, and although I've never used it underwater, I prefer the Hera. If you are interested in buying a Hera, both my sister and mother are interested in selling. One is an XS and the other a S, with 20 and 5 dives respectively (the only reason we're selling them is that my sister also had to upgrade to a more science type BCD and my mother has unfortunately been diagnosed w/a medical condition).

Also, I just wanted to add a few things about size. I owned the XS Hera-and I'm 5'8". It has so many adjustments and is so comfy! The reason I went w/an XS is because I have a narrow waste. I can also fit into and adjust a S very comfortably! I know someone previously commented on its adjustability and I completely agree. You can adjust the shoulder straps, cumber band, and more! It really is a great BC

On behalf of my wife I will place another recommendation for the Hara. She has been diving the Hara for about a year and loves it. She loves the fit, adjustability and how the BCD trims out for a nice horizontal position while diving. The Hara brings a nice combination of jacket style BCD with some back inflate qualities.

Good luck in your selection.

S

I have a Hera & also love it. I teach & recreational dive in it. To me, it is padded in all thr right places. It is adjustable enough for me to dive with a wetsuit or a drysuit with thick undergaments. The only minus I have about it, is that it is rather heavy & bulky for a BC & doesn't pack down as well as other BC's for travel.

Opie, The Hera is a Hybrid back inflate & jacket style BC. The air bladder only comes around the sides about 1/3 of the way of a normal Jacket BC. It does have larger pockets like a jacket inflate, which ads to the bulk. It is mostly a back inflate with a large bellow type bladder in the rear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom