Help drying my Fusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjgoodman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

Love my Bullet, but it take forever to dry out! Do people hang it upside down? I hang it up using a special dry suit hanger and a day later it's still damp. After three days the boots are still soaking wet. What do other people do?

Just to clarify, you do NOT close the inner zipper, correct? I'm paranoid about the inner zipper.

I don't have a Fusion, but I dry my compressed neoprene drysuit with a Hang-Air hanger.

I use a hang-air as well, but I dont have the bullet fusion, just the tech. Not sure how the drying time would be affected.

I have the tech skin...when I dry my suit, it's usually with the inner zipper closed, since I've usually just rinsed it. I end up draping mine (bent at the waist) over a banister on our balcony. After a day of sitting outside, it's usually pretty dry. If I know the inside's a little damp, I'll then flip the suit inside out and let the inside dry out as well.

I do the following:

- hang the suit on "shoulder saver" type hanger and zip inside zipper. I make sure the suspenders are draped over the hanger and take most of the weight.

- undo the velcro at the ankle, wrists and front of the suit right below the zipper.

- rinse the suit thoroughly, including spraying water up the legs and sleeves and down the front of the suit at the released velcro, and down the back of the suit at the neck opening.

- open the inner zipper and close the outer zipper and let the suit hang. It'll be drip dry in ~12 hours. If it's in a well ventilated space it will be completely dry in about 24 hours depending on temperature and humidity.

- if it's been hot when diving I then turn the suit inside out, wipe down the inside of the suit with a damp cloth - sometimes with a spray of mild, diluted soapy water - and let the inside dry out.

- turn the suit inside-in and apply Seal Saver to the seals and leave it hanging in the closet. Some say to roll up the suit and place it in a sealed bag.

- before going diving I use pure talc on the seals.

The suit and seals have held up for 2 seasons now ... so far so good :). The big issue with drying the Tech LE and Bullet skin suits is to undo the velcro. That really speeds up drying.

Hope this helps,

Henrik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom