Help!!! confused

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I guess i will start with i am a rookie in the photography area underwater.

I am nearly a rookie on land.

I am going to jamaca for 8 days in december, (unlimited diving) and don't know what to do.

I own a cannon a630, and i have found some UW housings for it.

I also like the sealife ecoshot.

Prices are close enough to be a non issue.

What would you do and why?

Thank you for the information.

P.S. i posted this in the sale section on accident. my wife also found the sealife dc600, and thinks it is the way to go.

What you have there is some not so bad choices. The Ecoshot and the DC600 are cameras made for use underwater.

The Canon is a great camera made for use above water that works well in its housing below the water. Most all the features of the camera are accessible in the housing.

If you are looking to own ONE camera the Canon would be the way to go. If you want one camera for underwater and one for above water I'd lean towards the DC600 as the features it offers over it's smaller cousin will be some of the things you'll wish you had on the Ecoshot over a very brief period of time.

The advantage to having 2 cameras is if you flood your dive camera, you still have a camera for the rest of your vacation.

The advantage to having one camera do it all is of course expense.

Either way you go, enjoy!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom