Help choosing a 3mm wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might also want to consider the Henderson Aqualock 3mm if you can get one on clearance in the right size I was recently able to get one for around these prices.

Fit is going to be the key factor. Best option is to be able to try them on before purchasing. If you can't do that, make sure your seller has a full return/exchange policy before you buy. Don't be surprised if one or both have fit issues unless you have the perfect body. Also, I personally would be concerned with the front zip wetsuits, as I found them to be a PITA to get off and on. I think there is a good reason why most wetsuits have the zipper in the back.

You might also want to consider the Henderson Aqualock 3mm if you can get one on clearance in the right size I was recently able to get one for around these prices.

I just checked and they only have it in x-small. Thanks for the suggestion though.

If you are not stuck on leisure pro there are other stores which also have it on clearance right now

Can you share which other stores are having these clearance sales?

Thanks in advance!

Quite a few stores are clearing them out as they have been discontinued, from what i hear there is a new model coming out at DEMA. I picked mine up from house of scuba on ebay. was also considering picking one up from scuba.com. There were a few others i saw as well but i dont remember the sites.

Quite a few stores are clearing them out as they have been discontinued, from what i hear there is a new model coming out at DEMA. I picked mine up from house of scuba on ebay. was also considering picking one up from scuba.com. There were a few others i saw as well but i dont remember the sites.

Thanks! I will google it!

I'd avoid front-zip personally, but that's up to you. Fit is the most important thing and finding the right fit can be a bit of a pain, so I second the "make sure the return policy is good" statement above.

I've been happy with my Henderson wetsuits to date, the 3mm back-zip is ~$160 right now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom