help - BP/W shop in N-Tampa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IslandHopper

Reaction score
I am going to be in the Tampa area (New Port Richey) for a few days starting about August 31. I want to find a shop that carries Backplate/Wing set-ups. I'd prefer a DIR knowledgeable shop to help me and answer some questions. After doing dome research, I think I'd prefer the Halcyon Eclipse or Pioneer.

In any case, where can I go to see/touch/try-on (help with fitting) this equipment? (I've been unable to find anyone to help on my little island.)

Since you will be there for several days, why don't you just drive the 2 hours or so to Extreme Exposure in High Springs?

I'd consider it ... where is it ?
Who should I contact ?
Phone number ?
Do they have a pool or pond where a person could rent some gear and try it out ? (I didn't bring any of my stuff ... didn't expect to be here.)

oh, and THANKS for the info :)

EDIT: a little googling answered all those questions ... thanks for the heads up... I think I'll make time to go up there.

IslandHopper:
I'd consider it ... where is it ?
Who should I contact ?
Phone number ?
Do they have a pool or pond where a person could rent some gear and try it out ? (I didn't bring any of my stuff ... didn't expect to be here.)

oh, and THANKS for the info :)

EDIT: a little googling answered all those questions ... thanks for the heads up... I think I'll make time to go up there.

Ginnie Springs is right around the corner. You may be able to resnt some gear and try it out over there. Its worth a try. Also Ginnie rents gear as well.

Wendy gave you a good shop for it but there are some in Tampa who sell Halcyon and not to far from New Port Richey there is a shop in New Tampa, Halcyon dealer and one in Zephyrhills not a Halcyon dealer. I don't know the address of the New Tampa shop. But here is the info you asked for:

Extreme Exposure
15 S Main St
High Springs Fl
386-454-8158

Aquatic Adventures
5858 Gall Blvd
Zephyrhills, Dl
813-788-6476

Hey Good Luck

Thanks for all the responses ... went to the Tackle Shack in St Pete today ... came home with a Eclipse 30#, and a Stainless BP.
They let me try out a rental in the pool before I bought... while we didn't take the time to fit it PERFECTLY, it seems to be as nice a rig as everyone says. I'll let you know more after I get it home and put a couple dives on it :)
The guys at Tackle Shack were quite helpful though... I'd not hesitate to recommend them... very knowledgeable about the whole Hogarthian/DIR rig!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom