Help adjusting offset buttons

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OtherHalf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
The plunger that activates the AV button on my canon camera is the rotating type that lifts and falls to hold the button depressed for shooting in manual mode. The plunger is not engaging the button on the camera because it is rotating too far counterclockwise. Is there a way to re-phase this plunger so it engages and holds down the button? I posted pictures in the canon corner looking for help but thought id ask here too.

The plunger that activates the AV button on my canon camera is the rotating type that lifts and falls to hold the button depressed for shooting in manual mode. The plunger is not engaging the button on the camera because it is rotating too far counterclockwise. Is there a way to re-phase this plunger so it engages and holds down the button? I posted pictures in the canon corner looking for help but thought id ask here too.

OtherHalf,

I have read your detailed thread in "Canon Corner" and consulted with production on a solution.

The deepest "valleys" in the black indexing ring should form an "X" when installed properly on the control gland cap "nut." Rotate the indexing ring and reinstall until you get the proper placement.

If you are unable to correct the problem, please send the housing (without camera) and a cover letter or copy of this thread to Ikelite Service.

Once received, the turnaround time is approximately 2 weeks.

Ikelite Service Dept.
50 W. 33rd St.
Indianapolis, IN 46208

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom