Hello

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver With Altitude

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Greetings, everyone. I did my PADI Open Water cert. in Cozumel in 1988 and my Advanced Open Water in a small lake in Illinois a few years later. Haven’t logged that many dives, because, you know, life. My youngest got certified last summer and I’m gearing up again, planning to dive more regularly. Looking to do a Rescue Diver cert. this spring. I want to gear up for U/W photography, as well.

Wait before rescue and photo. Get more experience first and catch up from being out so long.

Where in the land of entrapment are you at?

It’s not that I’ve been out for so long, just infrequent, using rental gear from dive operators. I dove Blue Hole (cenote-like lake here in NM at 6100’) last summer when my son got certified and we’ve since done a trip to Cancún. Going to Bonaire this summer. I’m actually quite comfortable in the water. I live in SF.

I spent the first 20 years on my life in lost causes

It’s not that I’ve been out for so long, just infrequent, using rental gear from dive operators. I dove Blue Hole (cenote-like lake here in NM at 6100’) last summer when my son got certified and we’ve since done a trip to Cancún. Going to Bonaire this summer. I’m actually quite comfortable in the water. I live in SF.
6100'...4600'

I'm also curious where you are doing life w/o parole in NM. My term started in 2003 in ABQ for 3 years. I nearly escaped once into CO in 2006 but the chips fell in an unexpected way. Been in NW NM ever since.

I left NM in 1998, joined the military I've been back rarely to visit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom