Hello.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello and welcome! I did a quick search on your location, Tejas, but looks like there are a number of places that could be, so I don't know what your local diving options are. Share what your dive interests are and someone may be able to share some useful info.

Hello,

I live in the DFW area of Texas

Unless you like diving freshwater, you'll either be flying (what I do) or taking some extended road trips. Whenever you're ready in your dive progression, you may want to take a look at the Fling live-aboard. From what I'm told they often cancel due to conditions, it's not guided diving, and it can run deep...and that is over 4 1/2 hours drive per some quick Google Maps checking...but it might work out well for you.

Here's an old free-access 2014 Undercurrent trip report on it. I've never been...too much uncertainty for a trip that far away from me.

In the meantime, a popular Caribbean destination that's pretty easy on the budget is Cozumel.

Tres Pelicanos & Casa Mexicana, Cozumel Sept. 2018 Report - Tres Pelicanos/Casa Mexican Trip Report Sept. 2018
My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip - My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip

There are lots of other options, and you may be looking at trips offered through your local dive center.

Richard.

New to diving. Looking forward to the wealth of knowledge there is here.
Hi. I have very little to share in terms of "wealth of knowledge," as I am also new to diving. (I was certified in April at a LDS here in DFW.)

However, although I don't have much expertise to share, I'm usually up for a dive if you're looking for dive buddy to get out in the water locally and dive at The Scuba Ranch in Terrell. Feel free to message me! :)

Howdy and Welcome to SB from San Antonio!!! Dive right in the water's fine!!

Back
Top Bottom