Hello!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saintsix

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have been a lurker on this site for a little bit and finally made an account. Lots of good information to be found on this site. I've only been diving for 1 1/2 years and sitting around 25 dives, all cold water dives in a wet suit and all around Southern Vancouver Island.

Welcome from 4 time zones East. Have you dived wet through the winter out there? I hear your ocean temps. only vary summer to winter by 10F (6C). Ours go from maybe 18-20C down to almost 0. Winter wet dives for me are one in a day, and it's a short one....

Welcome to SCUBABOARD officially.

Hello and welcome from a Canadian whose never dived in Canadian waters. (Though it's on my to-do list.) :wink:

Yes I have dove throughout the winter. I did not have my computer last year to record the temp. I have large steel tanks 120 and 130cf, so one long dive in the winter is usually enough but have occasionally went for 2. Diving in warm water sounds appealing. How do you like Thailand?

I love it for the diving and the food. The rest has been...tumultuous...lol. I'll move on next year.

I love it for the diving and the food. The rest has been...tumultuous...lol. I'll move on next year.
Out of curiosity, what do you teach, play (sing?). I'm a retired band director & clarinetist.

Lol. I am actually a trained singer. But I teach whatever the school needs me to teach. So I currently teach concert band in Thailand, but I taught a guitar programme in Singapore for the past 5 years. I'm better at guitar than concert band. :p Retired band director eh? If you wanna come to Thailand, my students would love a guest director. And of course some warm water diving. haha

Yeah, thanks. If I didn't retire so early I'd actually have the money to do that.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom