Hello :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all!

I'm a student studying Marine Science and I have been diving since I was four years old with my dad who is an IDC staff instructor. I love diving and its been a major part of my life since I can remember. But there's one issue I have found in my life with diving. I never had the money myself to pay for the qualifications and so last one year ago I finally saved enough for my open water course. I had been on countless dives with my dad when he was trainign dive masters, or anything. I had over 300 dives clocked before I was 8 both confined and open water.

I want to gain more experience dving and do more dives but since I moved away to university no one will dive with me because no one trusts me because I am apparently 'not a compotent diver yet' even though these people have never seen me dive and know of what experience I have. So it looks like the courses I have helped my dad out with since I was a child, I will now have to pay for even though I have done the courses a number of times without gaining a qualification because I didn't want my dad to teach me. Now I'm seriously considering it.

Just wanted to say hi and see if anyone else has a simalar view to this or if they have experienced anything simalar.

Seasloth :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom