Hello!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Red Rover

Reaction score
Hello,

I was surfing around the net and looking for some good dive information when I found these boards. So I decided to register and contribute. I've been diving since 1988. In the Navy and on a deployment to Okinawa, I was dragged kicking and screaming by a buddy of mine to take a diving course. The instructor (one James Gallagher) would only teach 2 or more students at a time. I was number 2. After the first dive, they had to drag me from the water kicking and screaming, yelling "throw me another tank"! Since then, I have made it to: Thailand, Africa, Phillippines, USVI's, Singapore, Australia, Okinawa (of course!), The Great Lakes and Florida and logged over 250 dives (Advanced).

Just wanted to say a quick "Hey" and introduce myself. I am always looking for dive buddies, great information and new friends, so feel free to email me!

Thanks,
Thomas

Welcome to the board from the cold waters of New England USA.
Have fun here & Dive Safe.........................Arduous

welcome to the board Red Rover. I really like your intro. Keep in mind this board is addictive and you might have to be dragged off the computer. hehehehe:D

Glad to have you aboard. I look forward to reading your posts.

Chad

Welcome to the board.....from Texas. Rooster's right.........the board is addictive - it is for me. You just might have to be dragged kicking and S..C...R.....EEEEEEEEEEEEEE......A...M....INNNNNNNNNNNN....

Welcome to the board!

I just found it myself last night, and I think out of the last 19hrs. I've spent about 10 of them here. Oh well, if your not diving you mays as well be learning & talking about it!

I was in the Navy also, and have been to all the places you have, and then some. One of the only perks I found, was the world travel.

Take Care, and Happy Diving!

Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone!

KZMAN: When were you in the Navy and where were you stationed? I am an ex AE from VFA-151 based out Japan.

Thanks,
Thomas (Red Rover)

Red Rover,
I am originally from Illinois. When I was young, I had wanted to join the Navy (for the world travel) but my mom said I would not make it into a sorority if I was military. Ha! I joined the house with the largest concentration of military girls! And I am married to an ex-navy guy. I envy your travels & hope that you will share your experiences in the travel section of this board. Glad u r with us!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom