Hello

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lobaugh

Reaction score
Hello. I am new to scuba. My wife and I went to the Bahamas in April and took a resort course. It was a blast. I live in the Kansas City area and will be doing my pool and classroom work during the first week of July. We are considering going to Cancun for our OW and I am interested when is the best time to go. We have 6 months to get our OW done after our pool work. Of course I want to do it now. However, my wife is concerned about the money.

Welocme to the board from the cold waters of New England USA
Have fun here & Dive Safe......................Arduous

Originally posted by lobaugh
... However, my wife is concerned about the money.

Gee. That's different happened to anyone else. :D

Nope, Nope - never happend to me.....

Welcome to the board! From the land of great beer and houses built out of precipitation.

welcome to the board and good luck on your classes. :)
I think you might like diving in Cozumel better then Cancun for your open waters

Hi-ho; I am originally from Illinois. Women from our part of the country tend to be awfully frugal about stuff like diving (my mom would not hear of it for me when I was back there; had to wait till I was on my own!) Yes, it is an expensive sport, but many things are 1-time expenses. Equipment lasts a long time, & you do not have to take a class every year. Also, there is some used equipment that works just fine for a fraction of the cost. If you get into local diving, it will be cheaper than many hobbies! Of course, planning a trip to Fiji will be a better selling point for a wary spouse!

Welcome from Texas

Back
Top Bottom