Hello Scubaboard from South Florida!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive!

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello Divers!

I recently joined Scubaboard and I'm amazed how much information is available here. A big thank you to everyone who has contributed and made this site so helpful.

I recently returned from my first trip to the Philippines, where I fell in love with UW photography (especially macro). I've been using a Sealife DC1400 but I'm ready to upgrade to the next level. Suggestions and advice?

I've been diving for a couple years now and any given weekend you will find me diving in South Florida, probably at or near LBTS. Happy Holidays!

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Good Luck & Good Diving.

You are in South Florida and want to learn more about macro photography? BHB is the place to go. Every weekend there's a few of us around with cameras of all sorts and types.

I'm a fan of Ikelite housings and strobes for their value and the features they bring. I'm also a fan of buying used, and Scubaboard has a good used sales section, but Wetpixel is another amazing resource. The most important is shooting in Raw and editing in a good program like Lightroom, and only showing shots that make you go "that's a great shot!" The specifics of what camera you use is really not that important, you can get great results with Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Sony, dlsr or mirrorless, etc.

Welcome!
Chug
Hates Lions (in the Atlantic Basin).
Likes meeting new divers.

Thank you JahJahwarrior! I can see the wisdom in your advice. See you at BHB sometime soon

---------- Post added December 30th, 2013 at 02:09 PM ----------

Hates Lions (in the Atlantic Basin).

I share your strong dislike of the lionfish. Hopefully 2014 will be another good year for hunting those lions!

---------- Post added December 30th, 2013 at 02:11 PM ----------

¡¡¡Saludos desde Tejas!!!

Thank you! Howdy, from a fellow Texan

Welcome to the board and don't forget to post some of those pics!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom