Hello peeps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kingborris

Registered
Reaction score
hey all!! already posted once but i thought id add a hello.

New to diving, and not very clued up, but hoping to learn lots.

Im based in london, and wondering if i can do the theory and confined dive parts of an open water course here before i go on my hols.

Any ideas?

:confused:

KB

Hi Borris:
I just had to welcome you to scuba board. With a great name like Borris you're sure to be popular!

If you're asking if you can do the book work and pool work on home land and then do the open water on Holiday, yes, many of us have done it that way.
I did mine here in Chicago, and flew down to Cozumel for the OW test. Great way to do the work and have the fun.
Good luck!

welcome to the board kingborris:)

I hope not. The seams of a wetsuit need to be joined to cover up some less than spectacular bodies. Not you I bet.
Yes you can do a referral. You just need the documentation from your local training instructor showing you have completed your theory and confined training. You will then take that paperwork to another operator within the same agency (padi, naui etc...) and pay a cost for the OW segment of your training. There will be a cost at both establishment and it will be more expensive doing that way,but that is normal. Let your local guys know that you want to refer and get a discounted price to miss out on the OW locally. It will be cheaper then. Try and get your local training as near to your OW referral so the training will be fresh. Go hard and have fun.
Cheers Big Ears,
The one and only,
Gasman

Welcome to the boards!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom