Hello, new to posting!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

heymonkey

Reaction score
Hello Everybody!

I've really enjoyed lurking and learning on this board. Lots of good info and apparently good people too.

Let's see... I'm 28. I was certified this summer and am loving every dive. Picked up AOW about a month ago and already feel like I've been dry too long.

Hoping to see alot more So. California water in the future (closest ocean), so if anyone has any CA info, tips, or needs a buddy, let me know! :D

Welcome to the board.

You'll find alot of divers from S. Cal. area here.

I wish I was one ;-0 but I seem to be stuck in the Chicago area;-0

Greetings and welcome to Scubaboard!!!:D

Thanks everyone.

SCUBACrazy - Thanks for the link. Actually, I'm set to dive La Jolla this weekend :)

Any SoCal/LowCal sites you'd recommend putting at the top of the list? I've already been out to the Coronado Islands... Thought I'd do some shore diving this time and am already thinking about where to do the next one.

:wanna:

heymonkey.... HEY! :D

If you want to do some shore diving in La Jolla about your only bet right now would be La Jolla Shores and head out to La Jolla canyon. You really should have someone with you who's done the canyon before and is familiar with the area. La Jolla canyon can get REAL deep. Right now it's about the only option because the red tide is very intense here right now and the only good viz is below about 40 fsw and beyond. The viz in the canyon around 60 fsw+ has been great, at least 30 feet. Bring a PRIMARY stile dive light though, below the red tide is just like doing a night dive!

The canyon is a great place though, you'll get to see some of the freakier critters SoCal has to offer. The squid have been coming up form the depths a few at a time lately, there's always lot's of octopus, we are still getting big batrays feeding on the critters in the canyon walls, salp chains etc, etc.....

Enjoy and dive safe! :scuba:

Back
Top Bottom