Hello from Virginia!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carlymegsmom

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, everyone! I'm Andrea, my husband Greg and I are recreational divers, certified about 10 years. I gave him dive certification for a birthday present, it gets us to warm places in the winter! Last dive was in Key Largo at Thanksgiving with Quiescence. Found Scuba Board as I was looking for info about Bonaire, we are heading down mid-June (yes, I'll be on that forum next!) We visited Bonaire for the first time February 2020, and it was amazing!

Welcome. I’m from VA too (Arlington and Warrenton) but didn’t start diving until I moved to Colombia. I may move back to VA later this year at which point I’ll check and see what’s available locally.

welcome. There is dive club here, the Richmond Dive Club, Richmond Dive Club - Home, meets monthly on zoom right now and meets over the summer at Lake Phoenix, south of Richmond. Only 2 dive shops in town I know of, on in Richmond, and one in Petersberg. VA Beach has more but it is cold water diving there. Nearest place for warmer water diving is Moorhead City, NC, lots of wreck diving out there.

welcome. There is dive club here, the Richmond Dive Club, Richmond Dive Club - Home, meets monthly on zoom right now and meets over the summer at Lake Phoenix, south of Richmond. Only 2 dive shops in town I know of, on in Richmond, and one in Petersberg. VA Beach has more but it is cold water diving there. Nearest place for warmer water diving is Moorhead City, NC, lots of wreck diving out there.
Thanks for the information on the dive club. We have only been in Richmond 3 years, and we lost a year, so still figuring these things out. We'll look into Moorhead City, but I think the boat ride out to wrecks is more than my stomach likes. And I forgot to mention I like palm trees with my diving locales. :)

Welcome. The ride out to North Carolina's deep wrecks can be rather long, and it is the Atlantic Ocean. I, too, like Bonaire -
My Research Notes for Bonaire - https://www.scubaboard.com/community/threads/my-research-note-for-bonaire.586972/

If you like Bonaire, you might also like Curacao -
Curacao Trip Research Notes
Curacao Trip Report with SB Surge Jan. 2019

So much good diving, so little time (well, it was time; now that I'm retired, it's money).

Thanks for the research notes link! I enjoyed your Bonaires notes, I'll dive into the Curacao notes later. I'm thinking if my hubby want's to explore the North Carolina Wrecks he is welcome to go and I'll sit by the pool. He'll need to get advanced certification due to the depth, and would need to get a thicker wet suit. But that's what retirement will be for!

Welcome. I’m from VA too (Arlington and Warrenton) but didn’t start diving until I moved to Colombia. I may move back to VA later this year at which point I’ll check and see what’s available locally.

What I think is available locally... Is a flight somewhere south! :) I'll have to check out diving in Colombia. That's south...

Welcome to Scubaboard from a fellow Virginian, I am in Loudoun County up north.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom