Hello From Victoria BC...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rose Robinson

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello All,

My name is Rose, Rosy to my friends.

Thank you for the welcome Mr. Chairman.

Looking forward to sharing stories, you know. the true ones as well as all the others.

Pandemic elbow bumps to everyone.

Rose

Welcome to SB!

Hello, that is quite an avatar you have there. I've always been surprised there is not more storytelling here, but I welcome yours.

Hello. Welcome aboard. Thanks again for your input on O2 analyzers.
It's been withstanding for a very very long time.......I think "Jailhouse Elbow." will remain the correct usage. :cool:
:cheers:

Hello, that is quite an avatar you have there. I've always been surprised there is not more storytelling here, but I welcome yours.

Hello wnissen,

I'm not sure if you're ready for my story.

I'm a Funeral Director, I'm a gay/single female, my life partner passed away two years ago, I own a nice home in a professional neighbourhood, we had a little black French Bulldog, Madam, who passed away just after Christmas, I dive when time permits, mostly during the winter when the Pacific is nice and clear, and I drive a Porsche.

I'm now married to my work, have a small group of very dedicated/loyal friends, none of whom scuba dive.

That's the nut-shell version.

Hello. Welcome aboard. Thanks again for your input on O2 analyzers.
It's been withstanding for a very very long time.......I think "Jailhouse Elbow." will remain the correct usage. :cool:
:cheers:

Hi Boston Breaker,

I think you have become my friend, thank you.

Jailhouse elbow, that's funny.

Although there are very many high level people of optimism, who want us regular folk to believe otherwise, I honestly believe where we are, is where we are going to stay for a long time.

Rose

Welcome to Scubaboard. Hopefully you'll find some diving buddies here.

Hello wnissen,

I'm not sure if you're ready for my story.

I'm a Funeral Director, I'm a gay/single female, my life partner passed away two years ago, I own a nice home in a professional neighbourhood, we had a little black French Bulldog, Madam, who passed away just after Christmas, I dive when time permits, mostly during the winter when the Pacific is nice and clear, and I drive a Porsche.

I'm now married to my work, have a small group of very dedicated/loyal friends, none of whom scuba dive.

That's the nut-shell version.
Wow, Rose, you do have quite the life, sadly with misfortune mixed in. My 18-year-old cat was in the hospital all weekend, so I can absolutely sympathize with your pet. Sorry. Even though you're someone who deals with death professionally, grief can't be easy.

I've not been up to Victoria, spent a few days in Vancouver and Deception Pass, Wash., but would like to some day. Conditions down here are a (sometimes literal) crapshoot, better in the winter but can be poor year round. I heard Victoria now has a sewage treatment plant, has that made any difference? Presumably the effluent is less rich than before.

AFIK still under construction. Given that something like 2 or 3 cubic miles of ocean flush by Victoria every hour the contribution of sewage to the lack of vis is undetectable. Vis is completely a function of plankton bloom and how recently open ocean water has flushed out the local water.

Welcome to SB Rose from another Victoria (actually Metchosin) diver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom