Hello from US North East

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Davez3

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi guys,

A new member here. I got certified in early nineties and was diving sporadically, 55 dives total. Did a lot of them in Caribbean, some in Costa Rica and Indonesia. Have AOP certification. I'm flying to Philippines this weekend for a two and a half week tour. Going to Tubbataha out of Puerto Princesa on a liveaboard for six days, where I am planning to get Nitrox certified and then got another ten days to kill which I still have to plan out and book. I posted a question in a separate thread for diving suggestions earlier, but still cannot see that post. For this trip, finally bought myself a Cressi Travel Light package and a whole bunch of other stuff including a SeaLife rig light for underwater camera. Wondering whether money saved on rentals will outweigh extra luggage fees. :)
But the main point of finally getting my own equipment was to make myself dive more often and not just when I go to tropics on vacation. Planning to give a poke to local lobsters coming summer. Glad to be here and looking forward to learning a lot more about diving.

Hi guys,

A new member here. I got certified in early nineties and was diving sporadically, 55 dives total. Did a lot of them in Caribbean, some in Costa Rica and Indonesia. Have AOP certification. I'm flying to Philippines this weekend for a two and a half week tour. Going to Tubbataha out of Puerto Princesa on a liveaboard for six days, where I am planning to get Nitrox certified and then got another ten days to kill which I still have to plan out and book. I posted a question in a separate thread for diving suggestions earlier, but still cannot see that post. For this trip, finally bought myself a Cressi Travel Light package and a whole bunch of other stuff including a SeaLife rig light for underwater camera. Wondering whether money saved on rentals will outweigh extra luggage fees. :)
But the main point of finally getting my own equipment was to make myself dive more often and not just when I go to tropics on vacation. Planning to give a poke to local lobsters coming summer. Glad to be here and looking forward to learning a lot more about diving.

Welcome to the Board. Hope you enjoyed the Philippines.

Going to Tubbataha out of Puerto Princesa on a liveaboard for six days
Please post us a trip report! I see this option mentioned occasionally but not much detail on what it’s like to go, or how it stacks up against regional competitors.

Please post us a trip report! I see this option mentioned occasionally but not much detail on what it’s like to go, or how it stacks up against regional competitors.
Hi guys. I just came back from Philippines on Saturday. I will get my work items in order and then do a write-up of my impressions diving both Tubbataha and Boracay.

If you want to dive local a drysuit is highly recommended. NE diving is much different than the places you've been, take it slow up here till you get used to the conditions.

Also make sure you get a cold water reg.

Back
Top Bottom