Hello from TN (for now)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DelmarSamil

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Greetings everyone!

Very new to diving (got PADI OW Certified in June 2020, AOW August 2020) and I only have ~40 dives (computer has been packed for the winter). While I currently live in Clarksville, TN my wife and I are on the lookout for a job I can do in southern Florida, as we both like the warmer climate and there is the close proximity to the beach that we both like.

I have been lurking here since a few months before I got certified, just to learn from those who have been doing this a long time. Finally decided to make an account so I could engage if need be, and perhaps do some networking. It is funny, I knew there was a lot to learn but over this past winter, I went down so many rabbit holes that I realize I will probably never consider myself anything more than a beginner, even when I get to some of the numbers I have seen here (1000+ dives? I really hope its a profession at that point).

Welcome. While you're in the area, I assume you already know about Pennyroyal Blue Springs dive resort, a regionally popular dive quarry with onsite dive shop in Hopkinsville, KY. A lot of people train or get a dive in here. I think their dive season opens next month? Your profile indicates you've dove some in California, so you've got some cold water oceanic experience.

Any idea where in southern Florida you're looking to dive? I'm guessing the Florida Keys?

Welcome from Nova Scotia. Yeah, some even have over 5K dives and the odd one 10K. This is over several decades of course. The 1K folks aren't always instructors. I hope to get there in 2 years, and that would make 18 years.

Welcome. While you're in the area, I assume you already know about Pennyroyal Blue Springs dive resort, a regionally popular dive quarry with onsite dive shop in Hopkinsville, KY. A lot of people train or get a dive in here. I think their dive season opens next month? Your profile indicates you've dove some in California, so you've got some cold water oceanic experience.

Any idea where in southern Florida you're looking to dive? I'm guessing the Florida Keys?
Actually 99% of my experience is at Pennyroyal. I have right at ~40 dives and only two of them are at Catalina Island, the rest are at Pennyroyal.

Well, my wife and I are looking to move to Tampa or Miami, depending on what I can find for work. For a mini-vacation, we tend to go to Pensacola to visit friends and enjoy some time at Pensacola Beach, which is amazing. I'd like to do one day of diving via a charter if we go back around May-ish, but again, that depends on how the job situation turns out. If I get an interview and an offer before then, then we will skip the trip to Pensacola.

I know that the aircraft carrier is what most people want when diving Pensacola but not sure I can manage the requirements just yet, nor do I have a DPV, so maybe some intermediate sites would be a better choice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom