Hello from the Sea of Cortez :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Good Evening fellow beings :)

thought I would jump on and introduce myself. Originally from Australia and now based in the Sea of Cortez. I am being honest and have joined here to reach out to fellow underwater photographers, I have created a link with a shop here in the Sea of Cortez and will be running exclusive underwater photography groups. Giving us longer and very slow paced dives for us to enjoy what we enjoy best. And if anybody has any questions photography side on whats going on in the Sea of Cortez, always happy to answer any questions

If you or anyone is interested, check out www.prophotobaja.com

and if you have any feedback, ideas and suggestions, it is more than welcomed.

Thanks and Happy Diving
Nick Polanszky

Howdy and welcome from southeast florida USA...good luck and best fishes..

I love the Mar de Cortez. I've been on a Liveaboard Rocio del Mar twice out of Puerto Penasco. Loved the town. Loved the diving. Loved the number of Sea Stars. The most that I have ever seen.

Welcome Nick! Nice website and great tours!
If you pass by Loreto please give me a call! This is yet another great place for photographers and diving in general!

Hola Azur, Loreto has been up on my list for a while, I will certainly get past there soonish. Do the water conditions there reflect similarly to la Paz? (where I am based) I have a good photographer friend moving to Loreto in February and will be looking for an operation to dive with regularly, what is the best way to get in contact with you?

Also to anyone reading, Manta Rays have returned to La Reina, La Paz, after almost 16 years. There has been a total of 12 individuals recorded since June and we are seeing them daily. with Los Islotes the Sea Lion Colony reopening to tourism on the 1st of September, and the whale sharks opening on the 1st of October. I highly recommend these next months if your looking at visiting La Paz, Baja California Sur

I love the Mar de Cortez. I've been on a Liveaboard Rocio del Mar twice out of Puerto Penasco. Loved the town. Loved the diving. Loved the number of Sea Stars. The most that I have ever seen.
Did you see any really good shells? We were at Penasco camping in '03 and I did very well beachcombing & snorkeling. Unfortunately it was 2 years later I did my OW. Was there in 1972 age 18. Saw a huge difference in the place in '03. Did you visit "Drunken Doughnuts" and "Eight-Twelve" (not 7-11)?

Hola Azur, Loreto has been up on my list for a while, I will certainly get past there soonish. Do the water conditions there reflect similarly to la Paz? (where I am based) I have a good photographer friend moving to Loreto in February and will be looking for an operation to dive with regularly, what is the best way to get in contact with you?

Hi Nick.

Water conditions are at their best during the summer and fall months, warm and clear, being at their peak in September and October. We have been enjoying ideal conditions these past couple of months as well.
You can expect a simillar pattern as in la Paz, although as you might already know, the Cortez is known by its unpredictability and there can be huge difference in conditions from one site to the other. A month ago we dove in a dive site where we encounter a cold, murkier thermocline, and the second dive that was maybe 200 meters away was warm and crystal clear all the way.

Back
Top Bottom