Hello from the Netherlands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amobasher

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi folks,

I need some advice. I have 92 dives and recently got my decompression procedures certification in Egypt but I live in Netherlands where it’s not easy for me to find a buddy or make time to dive regularly. I have been considering diving solo in one of the lakes nearby to work on my skills and experience. I intend to do so with a twinset and only limited to 10-15 meters with no deco. Does anyone have thoughts on this idea? Is it ok or is it a bad idea that I should avoid? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hello.

I have never dived in a lake and do not know if lake diving presents any hazards over ocean diving.

I can say that I have been solo diving in the ocean for 35 years and still alive. A shark had a go at me once on a night dive. Got tangled into a bit of fishing line once. Forgot to hook up my BCD inflator hose (once only) and dropped to 28M before that got corrected.

If you don't panic easily you should be OK solo diving.

Hello.

I have never dived in a lake and do not know if lake diving presents any hazards over ocean diving.

I can say that I have been solo diving in the ocean for 35 years and still alive. A shark had a go at me once on a night dive. Got tangled into a bit of fishing line once. Forgot to hook up my BCD inflator hose (once only) and dropped to 28M before that got corrected.

If you don't panic easily you should be OK solo diving.
Thanks Bert I appreciate your response it’s very reassuring. I have been diving in lakes and while the visibility tends to be worse from my experience otherwise it’s not too bad. There’s not as much to see compared to the ocean but at least I get to be in the water which is all I really want :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom