Hello from the Netherlands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KvdE

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone,

I'm Koen, 24 years old and student Maritime engineering. I'm also busy with photography and 3D printing and I did my Padi OW course last october. Now I'm waiting for the water to get warmer again because the water here in the Netherlands is a little chilly in a wetsuit right now. I don't have a complete set yet but it''s growing piece by piece already. Eventually I'm planning on taking a camera with me when I have more experience.

This week I fixed a Magicshine diving torch (MJ-810E) I got from a friend who didn't feel the urge to repair/fix it because he had a new (better) dive torch already. The problem is that the charger was broken and the battery had also died. Note that there is a 'special' battery inside the MJ-810E where the + and - are on one end but it still has 2x18650's inside. So it's a pretty standard size, just annoying they put both poles on one end.

Luckily I have a technical background and a 3D-printer at home. So I drew and printed a battery adapter for 2 18650 li-ion batteries (which where inside the original battery too, so same voltage, just different capacity) and made 2 little PCB's which are connected from one end to another to replicate the + and - on one end. The result of this battery adapter can be seen in the images.
Battery holder Magicshine MJ-810E.jpeg
Battery holder Magicshine MJ-810E-2.jpeg
A lot more convenient because I can now use regular 18650 batteries, and I can charge them with a standard charger.
So after a day of work I had a fancy battery adapter and a working dive torch because of that :).

If you have any other questions or want to know more about me, just ask.
Kind regards,
Koen

Welcome! Where in the NL are you? My wife is from Driebergen and has family in Veenendaal and Arnhem.

The Hoeksche Waard, so I can choose quite a few diving spots within a hour drive. Both fresh, like Zevenhuizerplas or Vinkeveen (a little over an hour drive) and salt water in Zeeland. But for now I only dived in Vinkeveen for my OW.

Welcome! Good to see another Dutchie! you came to a cool board...be sure to look for the dutch thread in the regional forums (Western Europe, Benelux). Have you been diving in my 'homelake' de Beldert yet?

Welcome! Where in the NL are you? My wife is from Driebergen and has family in Veenendaal and Arnhem.
I grew up around Veenendaal...small world:)

I will have a look in the dutch thread, didn't notice it yet :).

I haven't dived in de Beldert yet (only Zandeiland 4) but it sounds good, I will ask my buddy sometime to go there this year.

Feel free to hit me up, if you need an introduction there.

Back
Top Bottom