Hello from the California Capitol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jogirob

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello. I just recently got certified (Feb 14) and am trying to avoid getting my newly acquired skills and techniques from stagnating. The closest thing here that's dive-able is Folsom lake and nobody wants to dive that because of poor visibility and it's not very interesting. Perfect for a beginner diver to practice some skills in! I got involved at a local dive club but they're mostly interested in cruises and vacation getaways. Nobody wants to dive crummy ole Folsom lake with a n00b :(

Welcome to scubaboard.

Hi Jogirob,
Welcome to the board.
Why don't you plan some shore dives in Monterey at the breakwater, it's an excellent place to practice skills and there's stuff to look at. Or perhaps plan a campout and dive trip up to Sonoma county or Mendocino county.
Both of those have plenty of starter shore dives and tons to see. If you're on a budget shore diving and camping out can be cheap, and fun!
Bring a buddy or you can check out
northcoastdivers.org
They plan fun dives/ shore dives every first Saturday of the month in Northern California from Monterey County north to Mendocino County.
Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom