Hello from Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric802

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello, all, and happy holidays. I've been lurking for a few weeks and figured it was time to say hi. I'm 53, live north of Dallas, and have been certified since 1988 (PADI AOW). Which is great, except I haven't strapped on a tank since '98 and have maybe 15-20 dives to my name. I have one kid who is recently certified and another who is interested, so I'll be doing the ReActivate thing so we can dive on vacation and such. The plan is to complete that in the next couple months and then get back in the water during a Maui trip we have planned in March. Hopefully I can hook up with a club or shop and do some local diving as well.

"Back in the day" I did one dive trip to the Keys and had a couple trips to Grand Cayman. After Maui in March, we have a cruise in May where I'm hoping to dive in Aruba. I've been doing a ton of reading here and am blown away by what a great resource this place is - I wish it was around back when I was originally certified.

Hi Eric, welcome. You can do the Scuba Refresher from home. Take a look at this link.

Hi Eric, welcome. You can do the Scuba Refresher from home. Take a look at this link.
Hi, Jake. Yes, the plan is to do the elearning through PADI, coupled with a couple pool sessions through a shop. It's been so long since I dove that I feel the pool sessions will be well worth the expense - still should only be around $250 all-in, so not bad.

Hey Eric, get with us at Island Divers in Denton, TX we would be glad to get your ReActivate and whatever else you need done.

Hello, all, and happy holidays. I've been lurking for a few weeks and figured it was time to say hi. I'm 53, live north of Dallas, and have been certified since 1988 (PADI AOW). Which is great, except I haven't strapped on a tank since '98 and have maybe 15-20 dives to my name. I have one kid who is recently certified and another who is interested, so I'll be doing the ReActivate thing so we can dive on vacation and such. The plan is to complete that in the next couple months and then get back in the water during a Maui trip we have planned in March. Hopefully I can hook up with a club or shop and do some local diving as well.

"Back in the day" I did one dive trip to the Keys and had a couple trips to Grand Cayman. After Maui in March, we have a cruise in May where I'm hoping to dive in Aruba. I've been doing a ton of reading here and am blown away by what a great resource this place is - I wish it was around back when I was originally certified.
Where did you do your open water?

Welcome to ScubaBoard! I hope you post a trip report for your Maui trip; I haven't been to the Hawaiian islands and can't keep them straight from reading about them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom