Hello from Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rleur

New
Reaction score
Learned of this great site a week or two back on another forum. There's tons of good info compiled in one place which is awesome. I'm not diving just yet but will likely be learning the ropes before spring\summer. I look forward to chatting with all of you. Rick

Welcome to SB. I heard about this place about 10 years ago from my then dive buddy (doubt he does much diving anymore). Then I joined just about every scuba forum, only to drop most of them due to lack of posts.
My only dives in Texas were in S. Padre I. to an oil rig (kinda neat)--well, I did dive the jetty, but that wasn't very good and I got caught in current. Keep us posted on your progress.

Sure thing Tom. I've been reading a lot of old posts and learning quite a bit. I need to do some googling, find a good local school, and get some training on the fundamentals. It all looks like a lot of fun. Rick

This is a little premature since you'll need more experience first, and I don't know if you're anywhere near Houston or Freeport, but here's a regional offering to fire your imagination for future reference:

Alert Diver Online 2010 - Flower Garden Banks National Marine Sanctuary, Texas - Alert Diver | Flower Garden Banks National Marine Sanctuary, Texas
Undercurrent Sept. 2014 - MV Fling, Flower Gardens, Texas - http://www.undercurrent.org/UCnow/dive_magazine/2014/FlowerGardensTexas201409.html
Alert Diver Online 2017 - Flower Garden Banks - Alert Diver | Flower Garden Banks

If you're driving distance, you could cut airfare out of your trip costs, pack a number of dives into a 2 or 3 day trip so you don't have to use a whole week or pay the price of some Caribbean live-aboards, and when you're read for it, might be good to know.

Richard.

howdy and welcome from southeast florida....folks sure are friendly here..good luck with your scuba studies.

Hi neighbor. Welcome to SB. :D

Go easy on those puffers. Do let them puff up like that in the future, please!

Thanks for the information and warm welcomes everyone. I look forward to getting to know you all and learning from you and what you enjoy most about diving.

Read through some some of the info Richard sent. Having lived in TX most of my life it surprised me to see a place I'd never heard of but is just a short distance away. Thanks Richard for bringing that spot to my attention. Looks like a great place to visit once i'm ready.

:) That little guy caught my attention online so I had to use him as my avatar.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom