Hello from Texas (going to San Diego soon)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

algal bloom

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi to everyone! I've been reading the board for a while now but this is my first post. I was open water certified last year. My classification technically is advanced diver however I only have 22 logged dives. I live in the Dallas area so if anyone is interested in going out, let me know. I'd love to meet more people to dive with.

I'm going to San Diego for the entire month of January and some of February for training at a new job. If anyone is interested in taking a Texas boy out and showing him what California diving (or snorkeling) is all about, let me know (e-mail or pm me). I have no real connections in California, but I would love to make some dive buddies while I'm there. I'm thinking of starting with La Jolla Cove.

Anyway, it's great to be here on the scuba board, and I look forward to great discussions with great friends!

Nathan (aka algal bloom)

Welcome to the board.

The TSDT slows down a bunch during the winter as most of the group doesn't dive dry and the water gets pretty cold by our standards.

Keep checking the Swamp Divers section and someone will post an outing. I have been dry for over a month and I'm getting itchy. My coworkers say I'm getting cranky...

I need a fix,

Happy holidays and have a safe trip.

TwoBit

Welcome.
Always room for another Texan!

Joe

Welcome to Scuba Board. Put us in Favorites on your computer so you can check in often...

algal bloom:
I was open water certified last year. My classification technically is advanced diver however I only have 22 logged dives. I live in the Dallas area so if anyone is interested in going out, let me know.

Anyone diving there this time of year? Well, Scubajoe may be diving Lake Meridith even now? I know the Athens Scuba Park is closed from Dec 15 until March.

algal bloom:
I'm going to San Diego for the entire month of January and some of February for training at a new job. If anyone is interested in taking a Texas boy out and showing him what California diving (or snorkeling) is all about, let me know (e-mail or pm me). I have no real connections in California, but I would love to make some dive buddies while I'm there. I'm thinking of starting with La Jolla Cove. (aka algal bloom)

Have you ever dived the ocean before? Ever done shore entries in surf? You have any idea how cold La Jolla water is now? (Don't want to go on here, if you already know all that?)

For me to get ocean experience, I just bit the bullet, flew to the ocean (one more plane flight for me than you), spent the money, and went diving off of boats with professional Dive Masters. It's easier on some who live on the ocean shore, of course.

Anyway, this is a great place to do the research, if you think this doable. You might look at this link on Southern Calf Diving...

http://www.scubaboard.com/f88.html

don

By the time you get back from San Diego, it might be close to time to head back over to Clear Springs (late February, early March). It will still be pretty chilly, but it will began to warm up before long. You should have no trouble finding dive buddies here in the Metroplex.

Happy Holidays!

Back
Top Bottom