Hello from Spain!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ElizaDoolittle

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Here's someone who has been pondering on the possibility of becoming a diver for so long that shortly I'll have to walk to the shore with a walking frame before diving in the water!

Now, seriously, I'm 55, which is hardly a reasonable age to start diving, though it's not utter insanity, either. I'm from Spain, and I'll be starting my OWD course in a couple of weeks. I'm intent on succeeding, though I don't trust my own physical ability very much, but if I need twice as many swimming-pool sessions as others before doing my four compulsory dives in the sea, so be it.

I'm so excited about the prospect that I've been doing nothing but reading about diving for one month now, and, in a burst of optimism, I decided to join the forum even before becoming a diver. I hope I can come back in a few weeks and say I'm an OWD!

Hello everyone!

Here's someone who has been pondering on the possibility of becoming a diver for so long that shortly I'll have to walk to the shore with a walking frame before diving in the water!

Now, seriously, I'm 55, which is hardly a reasonable age to start diving, though it's not utter insanity, either. I'm from Spain, and I'll be starting my OWD course in a couple of weeks. I'm intent on succeeding, though I don't trust my own physical ability very much, but if I need twice as many swimming-pool sessions as others before doing my four compulsory dives in the sea, so be it.

I'm so excited about the prospect that I've been doing nothing but reading about diving for one month now, and, in a burst of optimism, I decided to join the forum even before becoming a diver. I hope I can come back in a few weeks and say I'm an OWD!

Eliza Doolittle is so Spanish(!). Allicante? Go for it. I started later in life (after snorkeling for years). Good luck to you.

Eliza Doolittle is so Spanish(!)

Yeah, it's taken from "My Fair Lady", my favourite film. Actually, the only relationship with Spain the name may have is because of the fact that the ryne in spine sties minely in the pline!

Yeah, it's taken from "My Fair Lady", my favourite film. Actually, the only relationship with Spain the name may have is because of the fact that the ryne in spine sties minely in the pline!

Or...the rain in Spain falls mainly on the plains...I am married to a Spaniard who does not appreciate this rhyme

I have been away from diving for a long time and just found this board as I get back into it, but as I remember learning to dive is more about relaxing into the experience and balancing your knowledge and ability with the conditions.

Congratulations on moving forward with your goals:snorkel:

Welcome to Scubaboard. We're so pleased to have you join us!

May I be so bold as to inquire why you are worried about your body letting you down? If you have a couple of weeks yet, get some exercise especially that which makes you more flexible. If you already do yoga you'll find that amazingly helpful, as much for the breathing and finding zen, as physical bendy bits of you.

Hello everyone!

Hello, from Spain here aswell!

So cool to hear you are taking these steps. I am sure you will be perfectly fine.
Also nice to see some fellow Spanish Residents in here (I am originally Dutch).

Are you located on the Mediterranean side?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom