Hello from Southern California!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaliDiver14

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi folks! Long time lurker/learner first time joiner. Based in Southern California. Been diving for over 10 years, mostly on vacations but have increased the amount of diving I'm doing recently. I'm looking for a local dive shop to call home as well as purchasing my first dive computer since I've been using more Nitrox and diving more frequently. Looking forward to chatting with you all. Thanks for all the great knowledge shares thus far!

Hi there and welcome to SB. Where do you live in SoCal? There are lots of great shops all over in SoCal.

I second the recommendation for Zen Dive Co; you might also check out Hollywood Divers near Universal Studios. Both shops have a good selection of computers and bank 32% Nitrox, and both are really good about not selling you stuff you don't need. Zen has Malibu Scuba Repair inside it, and Hollywood is the place for anything photography-related. If you're farther west, there's Eco Dive Center in Culver City, or if you're farther south, there's Pacific Wilderness in San Pedro. They both have a good selection of gear, although they're slightly less tech-oriented if you see yourself going that route. It's really hard to go wrong with the shops around here.

I third Zen Dive Co

Thank you all! I’m in Santa Monica so Pasadena is a bit of a trek but I’ll definitely look into it. Appreciate the great info! I know everyone recommends Shearwater computers but I’m not sure I’ll go tech. I also 100% know the function of the computers is the most important but…dang it I don’t like the looks of any of them except the Teric which is SUPER pricey. Any recommend a wrist computer that is good for Nitrox, not horribly difficult to use and is somewhat aesthetically pleasing? Please don’t reprimand me for caring about the looks too.

There's also a shop in Malibu, but I've never been there so can't vouch for them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom