Hello from South Bay, CA!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive1bb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hellooooo! My name is Lindsay. I was OW certified in September. Since I got certified, I have done 4 boat dives with Beach Hopper II and 4 shore dives at Breakwater. There are so many divers in and around the Monterey area -- it would be great to meet you! Happy to dive year round.

Howdy, was just in Campbell to visit family. I envy your closer access to Monterey! My normal buddy is out of town next weekend so I was starting to look for one, assuming conditions improve.

Howdy, was just in Campbell to visit family. I envy your closer access to Monterey! My normal buddy is out of town next weekend so I was starting to look for one, assuming conditions improve.

Hey there! I would be up for diving next weekend if the conditions look good :) Would be happy to dive with you and your buddy another time if not.

Welcome. I thought the South Bay you were referring to was down here near Los Angeles

Hello from up here north of the GG in Santa Rosa. I get to Monterey every once in a great while. Love it down there!
About time for me to jump on a boat down there again.

Welcome. I thought the South Bay you were referring to was down here near Los Angeles
Oh no! Sorry for any confusion there. I have been wanting to go diving by you and San Diego. I can't promise I'll be there tomorrow, but I would be happy to plan something with you in the near future. Where do you like to go diving around there?

Hello from up here north of the GG in Santa Rosa. I get to Monterey every once in a great while. Love it down there!
About time for me to jump on a boat down there again.

Hey there, Eric! Santa Rosa is quite the drive from Monterey. I love the area, too. Let me know next time you plan on being in the area. Always happy to have more dive buddies.

Hey there, Eric! Santa Rosa is quite the drive from Monterey. I love the area, too. Let me know next time you plan on being in the area. Always happy to have more dive buddies.
I’ve got another new diver I’ll be mentoring as soon as we get all his gear squared away. He lives up here but the conditions aren't always that great in Sonoma County for practice dives, so we might be making a day trip or two to the Breakwater to get in the water. I’ll give you a shout next time we go down there, maybe you can join us.
Then also when the weather gets better, Seal’s Water Sports in Santa Rosa puts on fun dives up on the coast in Sonoma or Mendocino Counties. The dives are about doing urchin collection dives because of the purple urchin invasion. While we’re at it we collect kelp and seaweed on the beach and feed it to starving abalone. The DFW has increased the bag limits of urchins to help combat the problem, they are behind urchin abatement 100%. All you need is a big gam bag and a license. I use a lift bag to float the game bag around as I load it up. It’s a lot of fun, great camaraderie, and gives us a chance to do something as a group effort for the ocean.

I’ve got another new diver I’ll be mentoring as soon as we get all his gear squared away. He lives up here but the conditions aren't always that great in Sonoma County for practice dives, so we might be making a day trip or two to the Breakwater to get in the water. I’ll give you a shout next time we go down there, maybe you can join us.
Then also when the weather gets better, Seal’s Water Sports in Santa Rosa puts on fun dives up on the coast in Sonoma or Mendocino Counties. The dives are about doing urchin collection dives because of the purple urchin invasion. While we’re at it we collect kelp and seaweed on the beach and feed it to starving abalone. The DFW has increased the bag limits of urchins to help combat the problem, they are behind urchin abatement 100%. All you need is a big gam bag and a license. I use a lift bag to float the game bag around as I load it up. It’s a lot of fun, great camaraderie, and gives us a chance to do something as a group effort for the ocean.

Great news about mentoring a new diver! I'm sure they're excited about getting their gear dialed in. Diving rental gear is convenient, but it's so much nicer having your own stuff when you're ready. I'm not familiar with the diving up in Sonoma County. Happy to join you both for dives.

Urchin collection sounds like something I would be interested in, as well. I know I could probably Google this, but how do you go about getting a license?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom