Hello From Seattle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HaraldGS

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well technically not Seattle, but no one has ever heard of Sumner, WA. :wink:

I'm a relatively new diver, but have about 30 hours since getting certified this past Thanksgiving in Flamingo, Costa Rica. Obviously I'm liking this diving thing. :)

I found this forum while researching how to test and repair scuba equipment. I'm a licensed aircraft mechanic and have been working on aircraft electronics for the past 27 years, so I'm very comfortable with working on technical gear but I need to learn about scuba details. Looking forward to hanging out in this virtual dive shop.

Welcome to SB! I know plenty of divers who get into the "underwater arts" for the tinkering value.

Lots of Puget Sound divers but we all (or almost all) dive dry. If you haven't yet, take a peak at the "NW Dive Club" which is an online forum for the Pacific Northwest.

Me, I'm in Woodinville and very few have heard of it either.

Reactions: Jax
Welcome to Seattle HaraldGs. I'll second Peter's statement about diving dry. I'd also encourage you to check out local dive clubs, Salish Sea, Moss Bay, Marker Buoy. And if you are looking for someone to show you around a bit, feel free to PM me.

Hi HaraldGS,

Welcome! We know where Sumner is and it's lovely! Granted we lived in Seattle-area at the time and spent most of our time east over the pass (volunteering to help "garage" winemakers there).

Looks like you have a mess of capable PNW divers to hook up with. :) (Alas, I myself am a warm water, minimal current wimp.). Wishing you tons of happy diving!

If you have a sec and any desire to respond to this thread, please feel free:

Recently Certified Ow's: What Do You Most Wish To Brush Up On Or Learn?

Thanks!!

I know where both Sumner and Woodinville are having lived in Renton for years. I found this page while looking for the Beyound Drag thread. (Still looking.)

Welcome HarroldGS. I am an aircraft guy too. I do a fair amount of light plane flying around Sumner. Not a very active diver though. I like the warm water too.

Found It! Diving Performance - Beyond Drag (article Series And Discussion)

Very impressive videos.

Last edited:
Welcome to SB. Be careful it can be very addicting.

howdy and welcome from south Florida USA....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom