Hello from San Francisco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone, I've been browsing these forums for a couple years and finally decided to get an account. I picked up scuba diving in 2015 and fell in love with it. I live in San Francisco and Sacramento, but I try to dive whenever I get the chance to travel to warmer places. Since getting my certification, I've dove in 4 countries and counting.

I'm slowly expanding my scuba gear. I currently own my mask, snorkel, write computer, and camera equipment. I'm eyeing a BCD and reg set up soon.

I look forward to interacting and learning from you guys in the future.

give the cold water local diving a try

Where do you recommend? I've dove Monterey Bay which was pretty cold. I think I would've enjoyed it a lot more if it was warmer.

I'm doing Channel Islands this October, which should be fairly cold, as well.

a drysuit solves water temp problems. if you have a flexible schedule, you can also look into volunteering at the cal academy

a drysuit solves water temp problems. if you have a flexible schedule, you can also look into volunteering at the cal academy

Yeah i think I’ll get drysuit certified soon. Have you dove Channel Islands before? I’m doing a liveaboard diving in Channel Islands this October. Im wondering if its worthwhile to use a drysuit.

southern islands are ok with 7mm, northern is colder and i would bring a drysuit for those if you plan to do all 4 dives in a day

Hi, welcome to the board!
I was going to say, give Northern Cal a try north of the bridge (Sonoma and Mendo counties) but I see you have an aversion towards cold water.
I think a drysuit is in your future!
There is lots a very good diving in California. Don’t let cold water stop you, you’ll get used to it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom